Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Girl's Weekend in NOLA

This past weekend me and 6 of my closest girlfriends from college, decided to take the journey to good old New Orleans, Louisiana. I had never been prior to this past weekend so I was very excited and nervous at the same time. When you tell people you are going to New Orleans the first reaction they have is, "ooo there are a lot of crazy people there, be careful" then they follow up with, "You're going to have the best time!" Hmmm seems a little contradicting don't you think?
Well my lovely sister told me the night before I left that I should try to avoid wearing anything that looks nice so I don't get mobbed. Mobbed?! Wow, that sounds nice. My other friends that were going on their first journey to NOLA also had the same responses from people they had talked to so we were ready for anything.
Our "fabulous" (i say this sarcastically) hotel was the Prince Conti Hotel in the French Quarter. If you are going to go to New Orleans and plan on staying up late, being loud, etc. I would not recommend staying here...not to mention the people who work there are rude lol. There was so much drama with our hotel that started as soon as we arrived. My lovely friend "Canada" (she's Canadian) was a total sweetheart and planned the whole trip. She was trying to be sneaky and say that only 4 people were going to be staying in the hotel total...2 in each room. Well, we didn't get that memo and 5 of us went to check in. Needless to say they found out. Through the remainder of the trip we managed to get...an extra room? 3 noise complaints, 2 phone calls from the front desk, and a lot of bad looks. lol
Well, overall, New Orleans is crazy. That is the best word to describe the experience. You can get an alcoholic beverage to go? People go to the bars at 10am? Really? hmmm. I tried the all famous "hurricane" drink that everyone talks about...let me tell you, it was pretty good. I also did not imagine the huge amount of pizza that I would eat in NOLA. There were pizza places everywhere...and when its like 2 am and you are hungry...pizza looks pretty good.
We also went on a Voodoo tour. We walked through this famous cemetery and learned all about the fabulous New Orleans history. I met a Voodoo Priestess...that was a different experience. When we told her that we were on a "girl's weekend" she proceeded to tell us that all of our men are cheating on us back at home because we are away. Apparently it happened to her and it is hard to let go. She also talked about the small intestine and compared it to the original colonies of America...hmmm.
I also got my palms read in NOLA! So fun! Here is what she said. She said i'm going to have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls, live till im 92, be successful in business-especially in 2011. I am going to live a long healthy life so I need to enjoy it! My friends thought I wasted my money but I think it was worth it!
All in all, girls weekend was fabulous. I missed my friends and I enjoy it when we all get together. I think I slept for like 12 hours the day after...NOLA wears you out like crazy.
Live.Laugh.Love. ~Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio